LILYGO T-Beam T22_V1.1 20191212 Board, unable to get it to boot after flashing

I am able to flash the boards using the windows 10 esp32 flashing utility, and have updated the firmware to the latest factory firmware, however when trying to install any of the latest meshtastic firmware versions to the device, I cannot get the machine to boot. What are some good troubleshooting that I should do.

I am trying to use firmware-tbeam-1.2.39.06892c4.bin from the pre-built firmware images. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello,

Can you verify that the firmware is flashed correctly? If you’re using esptool.py, take a look at the verify_flash command, which reads the memory off of the device to compare with the image files. You’ll need to adapt the installation script accordingly.

Do you have any output from the serial port? From what I recall, the ESP32 bootloader prints out some messages to its UART on boot. That’s usually a good starting point, too.

If you’re getting past the bootloader, the default Meshtastic build and configuration should printout copious amounts of debugging text to the serial port as well. See if you can capture that and post it here.