Just fashed my ttgo board now i get this

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not sure what meshtastic.py is, is that some tool you wrote?

To get the python meshtastic command line tool you’ll need to run “pip3 install meshtastic”. Here’s a link to the docs (with tips on how to install pip3) meshtastic · PyPI

also, I’m not sure how DOS does things, but you might need to type “python meshtastic.py” if that is some python script (and not a DOS script)

for windows systems

python -m install --update meshtastic

Add the path for python site-packages to ENV

You then use meshtatistic by:

meshtastic

sorry python -m pip install --update meshtatstic

I fogot the pip part

btw: if you submit your cool project to pipy then people could just “pip3 install meshtastic-pygui” and get it and all the dependencies (including “meshtastic”).

I think this might not even be a “for windows systems” problem. It sounds like pip3 was misinstalled, because the installer is supposed to add the pip/pip3 wrapper to the windows path. I think the python installer for windows has a checkbox for “add python scripts directory to windows path”. Most users will want that box checked. Because that’s what allows them to later run “pip” (or “meshtastic”) as a command.

On the first page of the installer, an option labelled “Add Python to PATH” may be selected to have the installer add the install location into the PATH . The location of the Scripts\ folder is also added. This allows you to type python to run the interpreter, and pip for the package installer. Thus, you can also execute your scripts with command line options, see Command line documentation.

The GUI will be submitted later this week to pip, trying to make it grab the latest version of the firmware using github tags but it is proving a challenge when it comes to making it cross-compatible for windows/linux/bsd/osx

3 Likes