How software update via BLE works?

flutter based app
device code release

This dummy iOS client is not started for meshtastic in the first place because:

• In the links above, the direction is towards cross platform mobile app (flutter, react, ionic)
  • Also, I’m in the learning phase for own project. That’s why I preferred starting with something working instead of own design
  • And, I’m not sure if this amateur work would be preferred by any seekers
  • not comfortable with how meshtastic work yet

well, may sound like complaining but it’s not :slight_smile:

Anyhow, will share the app in a few days and let’s see where it goes. It basically has bluetooth connectivity and sw update buttons. I will add messaging. I see that jeksys has interest and iOS skills, there may be others as well to contribute and polish.

wrt the SW update:
ReliableWrite seems .withResponse option in swift which is already used as I mentioned:
peripheral.writeValue(value, for: characteristic, type: .withResponse)
but will point the code and wait for your comment before making a change.

Agree about the iOS vs Android BLE implementation. That’s also a reason for me thinking cross platform meshtastic client may functionally (BLE) be limited at some point.

One last thing:
Using meshtastic as a library would be great, but I am not sure if it is doable at the moment. Need time to go through topics here and github repositories. If you have timeframe and quick response to share about using meshtastic as library, it would be very helpful about design decisions of my eventual project.

1 Like