Design guideline & logo

A non-nerd won’t relate to any of this. Not to mention; to the uninitiated, I don’t believe this would even be recognized as an "M’

1 Like

@thepoweroftwo Really liking this one. As mentioned by @CycloMies, I see the mountains (Where I plan on putting repeaters in my area, and where I plan on using these in general) and I also see tents (I plan on using these while backpacking, camping, snowshoeing, hunting, etc.) so it definitely speaks to me. I also clearly see the “M”

When scaled down to under 10mm on my phone screen, I definitely feel like simple is better.

1 Like

I’d also love to use the super scaled down version to replace the current android notification icon. It is now just the bluetooth icon, because that’s all I had handy to choose from.

if you and @wakareva can do the final art (ideally via pull request that change the files here). I’ll eagerly update the device side, the android app, the play store and this website with your new hotness.

If it helps I’ve been using this script to generate the pixel accurate representations. I’m not sure if it is useful for you, but feel free if it helps (i.e. there might be command line options to turn on/off anti aliasing etc)

Also if ya’ll could capture some of your best comments in this thread and convert them into something like a docs/icon-design-guide.md that would be even better (so we can point people to it in the future).

2 Likes

I created a repository with all vector versions and a first version of a styleguide: GitHub - thepoweroftwo/meshtastic-design: Visual communication of the meshtastic project

Hopefully I’ll find time to create the first .png versions today and make a pr to change the images in meshtastic-device.

2 Likes

Great! Sorry I was away. Any chance you can send in a PR for the pngs? So we can switch the next android and device release over to use it?

Also I think I’ve properly blessed you in the meshtastic github. If you’d like to move your repo to the meshtastic organization you are welcome to do that (or not - as you prefer). If you do move it, you should probably then refork it back into your user account for any future stuff you want to do.

actually I think this is within my (limited) graphics skillset. I’ll do this and send you a PR.

looks great! thanks! It will be in the next release. I’ll also send you a PR with the script and PNGs

7 Likes

I’m also very busy with other things in life and work atm :slight_smile: Couldn’t find the time for a PR,
thanks for helping out with that.

I’ll move the repository to the meshtastic org.
Also it looks really cool on the device screen!

Edit: Can’t transfer the repo because you forked it at meshtastic/meshtastic-design. I’d wait until you made the PR before deleting the fork and transferring…?

1 Like

Looks so sharp on the device screen!

Just updated the app last night, and noticed a new logo. “Huh, they changed it to a stylized ‘M’, or somethi… O I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE”. Having just watched a video on the LoRa PHY layer the other week, the significance clicked - very clever!

3 Likes