I really like the project, I am a fan of electronics, web design, arduino and coding but I am not prepared enough to contribute to the core part.
I think I can help with the design & logo and graphics in general.
As @geeksville suggested me I open this thread to ask what do you think about having a new look of the project.
I thinking, coming to release more than 1.0.0, that would be nice that the project has its own logo and didn’t use a standard icon and have a more clear design guideline ( this will help to fix a color the palette, the font and the icons in the app (for example at the moment the app use the BT icon for the push notification).
It has to be:
- easy to reproduce big or small
- suitable to be use as “one color” (for any one color display)
- suitable to be center in a circle or in a rounded rectangular (app and similar)
- suggest meshness or the name of the project
here 5 ideas (with short descriptions):
- 2 antennas with waves that shapes like and “M”
- 3 nodes with hops that sound like an “M”
- and M with a suggestion of a T in the back as MeshTastic
- similar to n.2 more bold and a little less “already seen mesh style”
- easy, and M with omni waves
(they are not ordered by my preference )
I do not reject the idea of thinking about additional proposals.
Regarding colors now the project use a green, black and some violet in the app, in the ideas I’ve put some options for a easy palette (plus the black/mono-color):
Thanks for sharing your thought regarding the idea of changing the logo and on all the other proposals.