I made the antenna with about 30cm of RG6 Coax, I stripped the ends and gathered the braided shielding wire into 4 groups, then twisted and soldered them together.
To mount the radials I took a crimp on eyelet, opened it up so I could attach it just below the 4 soldered groups.
I then folded it over on itself so that I had a ring to solder the radials.
Then I pinched the terminal over the shielding wires, soldered the 4 groups of shielding wire to the ring, soldered the 4 radials to the ring and trimmed all the wires to length. 77.9mm for the vertical monopole and 87.2 for the radials. This is for 915mhz, I later saw that it’s actually running at ~903Mhz so it could maybe have been better…
The T-Beam end of the coax is much the same, 4 groups of shielding wires the same as before, but they all point out axially, and then I removed the SMA connector from the board and soldered the coax directly.
To stiffen the wire so it stands upright, I took a piece of 3/8in nylon airbrake tubing and slit it lengthwise to get it over the coax, I could have maybe slid it on before if I’d thought of it before soldering the coax to the board.
I printed 2 half circles that pinch the coax and hold it tight when they are pressed into the hole in the box. I then sealed it up with E6000 glue. I put about 25% of a brick in the box for weight and we’ve had some decent winds down here lately, enough to tear off some tin roofs nearby, but the box is still sitting on the rooftop ledge where I dropped it off with the drone.