Android app alpha release 1.1.41 released

@HaveBlue can you try this on your cyanogen fire and tell me if it fixes things for you?

Changes in this release:

• @vfurman improved the device settings screen to more properly show current device status (yay - he/she is kicking a lot of ass in the androids)
  • optional vector icons confuse old android releases when used for notifications. So for those phones stay with only bitmaps.
4 Likes

Oh wow, I’ll give it a try right away tomorrow morning! (it’s connected to a T-beam at work)

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s still crashing. KFFOWI Fire 7, CyanogenMod 12.1-2016021-UNOFFICIAL-ford is the OS build (says Android version 5.1.1). I just did a crash report via the device.

hmm - that build should definitely be giving you the same ‘old’ non vector icons (because android 5.1.1 is included in the range I’m checking for). Can you try rebooting your phone and confirm the problem still occurs after a reboot?

btw: someone with a pixel 3 tried to do a firmware update over USB (from the android app). Alas, we only support firmware updates over bluetooth - which is why your app just crashed. The next release will include a check to prevent enabling that button if not over bluetooth.

ooh I found a few examples of this. apparently it is a cyanogen bug which was fixed later.

the workaround (and why the problem didn’t appear with the old ‘bluetooth’ icon) is to also set a large icon. I’ll try that and then send you an APK.

1 Like