Wanted, alpha tester for the "remote admin / multi-channel" feature

Alas, there isn’t much of an example. Looks like this was put in just a few days ago and I stumbled onto it because the behavior of what I was trying to do had changed when I updated the code on my side.

Maybe when I’m done with my bit (it’s taking for ever!) or when Geeksville gets around to writing up a document.

Ok, so for now, no easy way to ensure channel bindings are set with "pi.boundChannel "?

Not in a way I’ve found, of course I didn’t look deep.

I think you two are talking about different things. You are talking about where to turn the feature on in the code. Mike is talking about how to use the feature. :slightly_smiling_face:

Agreed. But clearly, in order to use the serial secondary channel, I first need to turn it on.
Possibly need to wait for more development time - and documentation…

2 Likes

Following the docs, I have enabled a second channel and an admin channel. Admin works a bit flaky. I’m using the python cli on Linux and I fairly often get timeouts. I suppose that has to do with sleeping. Maybe the ESP doesn’t wake up fast enough to process the full message or something like that?

The second channel I don’t really understand how to use, though. At least not in the Android app.

It should be the default standard to also forward traffic to other nodes een if not part of the channel so that traffic can reach further and all nodes should act like repeater nodes without even knowing the security key. also multiple channels up to 10 should be available as standard.