V2.1.11 and Serial Module

Hi there - I’ve set up two TBeam1.1 boards in a network and I have a 1200 baud device that occasionally sends short data strings. It is meant to send from one board to the other and then into a computer (sort of virtual RS232 cable). My setup command is:
meshtastic --port COM18 --set serial.mode SIMPLE --set serial.txd 14 --set serial.rxd 13 --set serial.enabled true --set serial.baud BAUD_1200
My phone is attached to the receiver TBeam and when the serial device transmits, I can see the SERIAL_APP Packet in the Debug Panel of the receiver TBeam. However, the data is not output onto pin 14 (I’ve attached a scope probe to that pin and it stays consistently at 3.3V).
Any suggestions on how to make it transfer the received data onto the serial transmit pin?
It is my understanding that there is no addressing involved, i.e. I’m not specifying anywhere that it should be a specific TBeam to capture the data and output it onto the serial transmit line.
Thanks for any clues.

I’'ll rephrase my question:
Does the Meshtastic node which will transmit Serial data need to specify which node is to receive the data?

Are you sending data out of just consuming info from the local node?

NOde A sends data it received from a serial device. Node B is supposed to output the received data from A onto serial. Node B has received the data, (I can see the received serial packet in the Debug pane of the Android app), however Node B is not outputting the data onto the serial pin.
I setup Node B with:

meshtastic --port COM18 --set serial.mode SIMPLE --set serial.txd 14 --set serial.rxd 13 --set serial.enabled true --set serial.baud BAUD_1200

but nothing shows on pin 14 (looking at it with scope) - I can clearly see the data on pin 13 of node A

Try 15 and 35, I think those are the tested serial pins for a tbeam.

I can try that. Note that Serial Module Configuration | Meshtastic says:

1. Set the pins (serial.rxd / serial.txd) for your preferred RX and TX GPIO pins. On tbeam boards it is recommended to use:
  • RXD 13
  • TXD 14

More interesting is that the debug panel shows a From and a To number. The From number is the correct ID of the transmitting node in decimal instead of hex. The To number is the decimal represenation for FFFFFFFF. What does that mean? Can I set that somewhere?

Messages that are not dm’s all have that int value as the recipient.

Thanks for explaining the FFFFFFFF. Found the problem: I needed to set up a channel called “serial”.