Unable to upgrade t-echo (softbrick?)

Hi all, suspect I’ll need to get a SWD/JTAG programmer to fix this, but I’m unable to re-install meshtastic on my T-Echo.
I’m not sure which release it broke under, but I have tried again recently using 2.2.17, and did also try a factory erase using GitHub - markbirss/nRF52_Internal_Format: Internal Format of Adafruit Internal File System

I was able to install the formatter, and proceed to confirm from the serial console.

After that I tried to install again using the uf2 file, but it went to a slow flashing red LED.

I tried again yesterday, and I’m able to copy the file, but it doesn’t seem to reboot, and the file remains visible until i disconnect and reconnect it.

is it an older device? enter DFU mode and check your INFO_UF2.TXT file if you have the 0.6.1 bootloader. if not you can update from here.

also try drag-n-drop with the latest .19 alpha Release Meshtastic Firmware 2.2.19.8f6a283 Alpha · meshtastic/firmware · GitHub

Yeah it is relatively old, running 0.5.0:

UF2 Bootloader 0.5.0-dirty lib/nrfx (v2.0.0) lib/tinyusb (0.9.0-22-g7cdeed54) lib/uf2 (remotes/origin/configupdate-9-gadbb8c7)
Model: LilyGo T-Echo
Board-ID: nRF52840-TEcho-v1
SoftDevice: S140 version 6.1.1
Date: May 13 2021

Thanks, I’ll try the bootloader update, and then .19 after that.

That sorted it, thanks!!

1 Like