Tbeam 1.1 issues

Having several issues that I was hoping I could get some information on.

1. Android app on my phone is super buggy and half the features seem locked. It will not allow me to change the device name, when I type a new name and hit enter it only stays that name as long as I’m on that screen, as soon as I click off and go back it defaults to the original name. Broadcast position period as well as the device sleep period do the same thing when I change them and always default back to 900 and 300. Oddly enough on my wife’s phone I noticed she has a check box for “Always On” that is not present on my phone as well. Im using a OnePlus Nord N10 5g, she is on a OnePlus 6T.

2. Screen less pairing is not working, iv tried double clicking the middle button probably 40 plus times for the magic 123456 pairing code, no luck. I’ve tried double clicking before it prompts me to pair and when it prompts me to pair. Neither work.

3. Disappointing Battery life, I can’t seem to get much more than 24 hours give or take 30 minutes before the batteries die. I’m using 2500mah imren (Sony) 18650’s. Given the first problem I mentioned I cannot adjust the sleep period to improve this. Even so I expected a longer battery life given the reputation of these things to last weeks on a single battery. I’m trying to get my latest 2 going without screens to see if this improves battery life. Have I misunderstood the expected battery life or is something not right? I have three of them up and running currently with the screens soldered on, all three like clockwork die within 24 hours give or take 30 minutes.

4. Is it possible to increase the hop limit to the max of 7 with the android app? I haven’t reached this problem yet since I’m having issues with screen less pairing on my 2 new boards and currently only have 3 up and running but I suspect as soon as I get them up and running I will run into this issue. Any pointers would be appreciated. Ideally I would prefer not to have to use a computer to adjust the Hop limit, my laptop is a total POS.

Edit- another bug I forgot to mention with the app is that at least once every 24hours I have to force stop the app and restart it otherwise it shows 0 out of 3 connected nodes. As soon as I force stop and restart it goes back to 3/3 online.

what android app version and what firmware version?

App version 1.2.50
Tbeam 1.2.52

you need to update, the latest beta is 1.2.52 and pre-release is at 1.2.58.

How/where can I find the update. When I checked the app store it says I’m up to date

play store link and downloads under ‘Android’:

It’s showing I’m up to date on the download.

So I just figured out part of my issue, I had originally downloaded meshtastic off the Amazon Play store which was causing it to not allow me to update in the Google Play store. Uninstalled and reinstalled using Google Play store and now I’m up to the proper 1.2.52 that immediately fixed most of my setting issues. Thanks for getting me in the right direction! Any advice on my other 3 bullet points?

1 Like

Just discovered that the problem where I have to force stop the app and reboot to get the node to appear online still exists. Seems to happen somewhere between every 12 and 24 hours. I will go to sleep with it showing 5 of 5 online and I’ll wake up showing 0 of 5 online. It will stay that way for hours until I eventually force stop the app

check if battery optimization is causing that