Sleep status on the App

disclamer: I’m not sure if what I’m describing is already part of some bug I’ve seen in other discussion.

I’ve 2 t-beams connected to two different phone.
When are both on sleep mode (as marked on the app right top corner) I write a message but it never goes out.
After many attempts seems that the phone can’t recognize the status of the t-beam because nothing change if I push the button to wake up the t-beam. I need to refresh the pairing in the app before sending the message.

note: I tried to wait 3h before say that the message doesn’t exit al all.

It is something that I can solve on app side / code side or it is a bug?
Thanks.

the problem seems to be in the connection between the t-beam and the phone. If the Bluetooth connection is not continuous or interrupted for any reason during the time, the app say forever “device sleeping” (even if it’s not true); the phone and the t-beam are not true connected and the message it’s not sent or received (based on which phone lost the connection).
The only way to see the problem is to try to wakeup the t-beam while the app still say that the device is sleeping.

I hope this helps for others with the same problem or for the next release of the app.

solution: if I pair them again from the app the message blocked flows through the mesh.

1 Like

Hmm. That definely sounds not correct / a bug. A couple of questions:

What firmware and app versions?
What phone and Android version?
I’m assuming ‘standard’ settings? (Ie you haven’t used the python tool to do anything fancy)

Hi,

Board: T-Beam V1.1 ESP32
Firmware: 1.1.23
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20
Android: 11
App: 1.1.22

No fancy setup, just “out of the box” settings.