My current work queue

since the bugs seem to be back to a manageable level:

• I’ll be turning the mesh code back on soon (currently it is just broadcasting). I’ll be doing this after taking out the radiohead implementation and instead use a new shared library I’m extending with the disaster radio geeks.
  • I’ll fix the android map view so you can click, drag, zoom etc…
  • Also Girts is experimenting with making a python client library)
2 Likes

Maybe a bit late, but I’m an expert in network theory and woul like to help improve the pathfinding algorithm for data transmission. Let me know!

4 Likes

Dude! That’s awesome!

Here’s what we have now:

1 Like

@fvsura @mc-hamster , I think my main use for meshtastic(communication in the back country) would really benefit from improved mesh routing. In my experience, hills, mountains, trees etc, really reduce the point to point range significantly. I think it would be awesome if the hop limit could be increased without saturating the network. I’ve had some issues getting the hopping behavior to work. I’ve been trying to come up with a good way of testing the mesh hop behavior in my house(w/ attenuators and poor antennas/orientation) so I can play with parameters and the routing code a little, but so far in my house I can’t seem to attenuate things enough. I wish I had the time and skills to contribute more to this.

Created a thread on the topic, I’ve started studying the stuff, I’ll keep you posted with what I come up with.

1 Like