Meshtasticd Raspberry Pi network access for mqtt?

I am up and running on my Raspberry Pi with the native linux version of meshtasticd. The issue I am having is how do I get portduino/meshtasticd to see the/a network interface on the PI? I currently have the wifi interface on the PI connected to my local wifi at the OS level. I don’t think I can configure meshtastic itself to connect to the wifi again, can I? I can wire the ethernet port up but in that case how does meshtastic know what /dev interface to use?

EDIT: I did get around to plugging in a ethernet cable into the Rpi and in the meshtastic config and turned on ethernet and it “just worked” with mqtt. Sorry for the spam. However I would still like to know how the meshtastic ethernet gets maps to a physical port on Pi.

Sorry for the spam.

I am also trying to get this figured out. I have connected an ethernet cable and it shows enable in setup and I can’t get mqtt to work at all

Two things I had to do were. Under config/Ethernet Config, and enable that. I tried turning on mqtt via the web interface but it would not save. I ended up having to use the python cli and turn it on that way.

meshtastic --host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx --set mqtt.enabled 1