Meshtastic 0.9.03 app issues

• When setting up my second device, it renamed my first device instead. The app doesn’t handle multiple devices very well.

• I can not see in the app which channel I am using for a given device. On my device’s screen it says “default-l” (could be longer, the screen is small?) and in the app it has “#Default-G” greyed out on the channel window pane. When I click the lock icon to unlock it, it says “Default” with no hashtag.

• There does not seem to be the ability to “reload” the app, for example, from “pulling down” on the screen. I have to close the app and re-open it even to see the increase in power as I charge my battery

Try renaming your radios. Instead of Default put the name as
Radio 1 for the first radio and phone
Radio 2 for the second radio and phone
Rename the channel in the first phone in the lock section by choosing a channel name like Foxradio or something else.
Close the lock and scan the qr code with the second phone to match the two radios in the same channel to be able to use the radios communicating with each other in the mesh.
If the messages do not arrive between the two phones, turn off the bluetooth of the two phones and turn it back on again and try to send a message, everything should work without problems. if it doesn’t work repeat the steps again for the second time, everything will work.

1 Like

Hi @ChinatownYVR, and welcome to the forum .

1. You could try turning on only one device at a moment.
    For me the app only reconnects to the last connected device. If you remame the first device while trying to remame the second one, your are simply connected to the wrong device. To disconnect, you should switch to None and then to the other device.

2. This is due to different random suffix letter calculation code in the app and on the device. I can’t find the proper link right now, but this should be aready fixed.

3. This is also true for other stats like GPS on some devices. It’s a known problem.

You can also join the beta app testing, to get the latest app from playstore: Go to this URL to opt-in to the alpha/beta test.

The issue of devices having the same same is already opened :

and since a lot of people seem to be frustrated with this, I can add it to my queue to do next week sometime (unless you want it)

Stop/start service feature ?
Or the auto update name fix ? :arrow_left: I can do it

1 Like

Making name updates optional. (No pressure but if you wanna do it I’m sure it would be great)

1 Like

Next Android release will contain a fix for the name. It will handle multiple devices without changing their name on connection.

Name will change only if you change it

3 Likes