Manage the code on platform IO

Hello , i am new beginner with Lora Meshtastic,

i made 10 simple boards based on esp32 and Lora RF95 they both communicate via SPI, i tryied some library to communicate one to one to try the boards, and it’s good
now i want give more distance with the mesh network ,
the idea is to have one or two gateway and the all the others are nodes,
i saw the opensource of meshtastic but i am really stuck there
i just need a simple code that can operate this idea.
is the meshtastic can handle that ? any advices how to change the code so i can read it properly
Thank you

Welcome Mimito

not much information about your hardware.

has it a USB connection and an OLED ?
did you install platformio ?

If all yes then you have to unzip the meshtastic-device software in your project-folder. Search in the folder variants where all the different hardware models are defined.
You need to find a model that fits your diy board, modify one or create your own variant.

Make sure all the pin-numbers of the LoRa module, led’s, user button, I2C, battery … match your hardware.
Then you can add a OLED and try to compile and load it into your ESP32 hardware.

If that works you can experiment with meshtastic and see if it is usefull to you.

good luck.

hey @costo thank you for reply,
i create my own hardware, based only on ESP32 and Lora RF95, and i am working with PlatformIO,
as i said, the idea of my project is quite simple, i need to create a network based on 30 Nodes and 1 Gateway that receive all data from diffirent Node based on mesh network.

Meshtastic is based on LoRa P2P not LoRaWAN, so there is no gateway.

1 Like

@garth Yes but they all use Mesh network to communicate !! ??

They do not communicate with each other. You would have to use MQTT as a bridge. Meshtastic and Helium both use LoRa for example, but are not compatable at all.

@garth Thank you for fast reply, but i am really Lost here,
as i know the Meshstastic logic is “the nodes use Lora mesh network to broadcast datas between them”,and then they display data to phone via ble ! is that allright?
for me for now i don’t need to go with my application until displaying data on phone ! i just want see it on monitor Serial, and test if the meshnetwork really work

Thank you