Lora32 v3 card KB canned messaging

Hi,

Id like to buy the card keyboard and use my heltec lora32 v3 to be a messanger. What gpio pins do i need to connect the keyboard to? I notice that i dont get to select the pins for that one like i get to if i select the “rotary encoder”

Im guessing it wont just auto detect the keyboard if i connect rhe signal pins to any gpio…

It is a I2C device so the same pins as the screen.

Does that disable the screen if i use them then?

No you can chain I2C devices, there may be individual board issues.

For V3, they’re not actually broken out to pins but rather test pads on the bottom of the board. However, for 2.2 this may change. @caveman99 figured out where the secondary i2c pins are.

Cool yeah i just saw they officially enabled the secondary pins!

Have you had any success with this?
I’ve had limited success. The left and right keys of the card KB will scroll the screen but the other keys (TAB and alpha/numeric) have no affect. This means there is no way to send messages using the KB alone.
I connected the cardKB using the following pins;
SDA → Pin 41
SCL → Pin 42

I have not tried pins 17 and 18 which connect the secondary I2C

Did you enable the Canned Message module and added at least one message?

Canned message module enabled but did not add a message since I was not trying to send a canned message but rather use the keyboard to create/send. I did however find a solution that took some modifications to hardware and software.
I now have a device using the lora V3 with full support of the M5 mini keyboard. I also updated to a larger 1.3" display

Hello! I am trying to make the kb card using with no luck. Any hint to make it work on a heltec v3?
Thanks a lot