I’m planning and implementing a meshtastic network as pictured here.
Base map is omitted due to privacy reasons.
Numbers: kilometers between nodes
Red marker: router node, fully static location (9 pcs)
Green marker: end user node, mostly static location (8 pcs)
Blue lines: LOS paths between router nodes
Green lines: user radio to router node paths
Orange line : longest link path, about 70 km in total
So far I have tested upto 5 km links and based on numbers, I have lots of link budget to spare and everything should be fine for the longer links.
- The longest path takes 7 hops from end to end, is this unreasonable?
- I’m assuming that whatever paths the nodes manage to see, are used for shortest routing, is this so?
- Does the location and distance between nodes affect routing preference somehow?
- Are RSSI and SNR any kind of metric in mesh routing decisions?
- Is this network feasible as a whole?
- Am I abusing the system here?
Thanks for any input.