iOS App questions and a T-beam Supreme question

As I have been using the iOS App for about a month, I have been staring at it long enough to have a few questions I don’t know the answers to.

1. Some times a node has a signal quality indicator and sometimes it doesn’t. Is there a specific reason?

2. How do I know if the nodes I am seeing update are being seen by my local device or another and being passed on to me?

I have been range testing and particularly when near the edge of my range, I see the nodes update and can send messages to them, but they do not have a signal strength indicator on the node list.

I have a node on the roof set to router mode with a good antenna and a couple nodes going inside the house with the stock antennas.

What I am trying to determine is if the updates with out signal strength shown are populating through the router node. Verses those that show signal strength being directly seen by my local node.

To further compound the question if I select a node directly it will always show signal strength. Is that what the router is seeing or some thing else?

Separately, not wanting to start another thread….

On my T-beam Supremes, when first powering on they will display “joined node X” usually which ever node is closest. What does this mean?