Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000: Operation timed out)

Apologies, I’m having to raise a duplicate thread as the original has been locked.
Original here: Stubs error! Can't get device ready for firmware update

Within that thread lies: Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000) - #25 by tekk

I have followed, to the dime, everything mentioned in that comment. I am aware that the normal package installation is required to be finished before enabling the application to run, then clicking install on the CH34xVCPDriver application. Then restarting.

However, Meshtastic v1.0.101 - python3
I still get /dev/cu.usbmodem, rather than /dev/tty.wchusbserial as mentioned.
Equally, still suffer with the following issue:

Step 1/4 esp32 full
ESPTOOL Using command:--port /dev/cu.usbmodem54250041941 erase_flash
esptool.py v3.2
Serial port /dev/cu.usbmodem54250041941
Connecting...
Detecting chip type...
Unsupported detection protocol, switching and trying again...
Connecting...
Detecting chip type...
ESP32
Chip is ESP32-D0WDQ6-V3 (revision 3)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, 240MHz, VRef calibration in efuse, Coding Scheme None
Crystal is 40MHz
MAC: 58:bf:25:06:45:c8
Uploading stub...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/meshtastic_flasher/esptool_form.py", line 70, in run

esptool.main(command)
File "/usr/local/bin/esptool.py", line 4564, in main

esp = esp.run_stub()
File "/usr/local/bin/esptool.py", line 879, in run_stub

self.mem_block(stub[field][from_offs:to_offs], seq)
File "/usr/local/bin/esptool.py", line 752, in mem_block

return self.check_command("write to target RAM", self.ESP_MEM_DATA,
File "/usr/local/bin/esptool.py", line 505, in check_command

raise FatalError.WithResult('Failed to %s' % op_description, status_bytes)
esptool
FatalError
:
Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000: Operation timed out)

Brand new T-Beams, only soldered the screen on today and hitting a wall.
Factory shipped the two units with Meshtastic version 1.0.0, so I can’t even upgrade firmware OTA from phone.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

I am hitting this same wall. Any help would be great. I followed the steps in the link provided and got the drivers to install (as far as I can tell).

I go to check my drivers with the ls /dev/tty* command and here are my results
/dev/tty.usbmodem53220542211 /dev/ttyt0

The problem (again, as far as I can tell) is when I look at my system information my USB serial number is 5322054221

I am using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) with OS 12.3

Any and all help would be appreciated. For reference, I had no problem flashing a HelTec V2

-M

It seems I’ve been able to update this using an old Android phone / Android app. This option unfortunately doesn’t work for the iOS app.

@Pilot_MM, if you have an Android phone, try the app. I could update OTA that way.

It is likely that you need the 340 serial driver, you may need to remove the other driver to get it to work.

@connoraye and @Pilot_MM

There’s another trick I need to use each time (after making sure the drivers etc. work).
If you can see the devices after using “meshtastic --info” but you are unable to flash it, try this:

Plug the device into your computer. Try to flash the device. When it throws an error, just unplug and replug the USB cable back into your computer, and hit flash again quickly. It might work this time.

This is what I have to do each time.

If neither of these solve your problem, I can help you on teamviewer.

I wanted to follow up with this. After running in circles I was able to get some traction on one device using a windows machine. On my latest device I just used an Android tablet and it was 1000x easier. I had what I thought was a bricked device and after running the OTA updater via Android it is working fine.

My suggestion would be to get an inexpensive android device and use your Mac to do all the CLI programming you want after it is updated.
-DW