Easy simple and cheap repeater build

Made a simple repeater using:
RAKwireless WisBlock
MakerFocus Flat 3.7v 3000mAh
Alfa AOA-915-5ACM

Pushed up into a 12 inch section of 1 1/4 low pressure PVC pipe with a cap drilled for the antenna.

The guts are held in place with a wad of fiberglass screen with the USB charging cable pushed in after the screen wad so it can be accessed for charging.

Works great and can be shut down using Bluetooth then restarted by plugging in the charger. Will run for a least a week!

Please note the battery is a tight fit in the low pressure (thin wall) PVC and will not fit inside of a section of SCH 40. If you can’t find the low pressure stuff then you will need to use 1 1/2 PVC instead.

1 Like

Nice build. Would it be possible even to leave the antenna within the pipe too? Maybe it would still work fine behind that material… just an idea.

I think my next version will have a home made J-Poll inside the PVC. The antenna used in this version is a little heavy and bulky too so it might have an issue with clearance and the simple screen wad I used to hold things inside the pipe.

The J-Poll could easily be made from a small brass tube from the hobby shop and that would make it very light.