Configuring bluetooth fixed pin

Hey!

Just got my hands on T-Beam. I don’t have my display soldered just yet and trying to test the device out. I got the device working with the bluetooth but it’s on fixed password and it’s little too simple for me. I exported the config and changed the fixed pin and when uploading it I get an error “Aborting due to: Node.writeConfig() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘config_name’” Tried with default config and after editing the regional stuff on the app but got the same error on both times.

1 Like

The CLI commands are working, I don’t think the YAML has been tested

Oh right. What would be the right command for it? :thinking:

Thanks. I’m still confused about how the commands would work. Maybe it would be good idea to add examples because the --ble stuff on the help section got me confused.

Got my hands on soldering iron way faster than I thought at first. It’s been more than 10years since I’ve touched soldering iron and first time I’ve done that specific work. Took me little while but got the screen working :ok_hand:

Sorry, can you clarify what solved this problem? Or what is on the Bluetooth config doc page to help solve this?
I see the same error and can’t decipher what to do. Thanks

What command is failing, the docs are up to date now.

@garth
the issue (for me) is with using --configure command via serial, which returns the same error as the OP.

I can export a YAML file with --export-config but trying to upload that returns the error as below:

$ meshtastic --configure conf.yaml
Connected to radio
Setting device owner to Meshtastic 753c
Setting device owner short to 753c
Setting channel url to Meshtastic Channel Settings | Meshtastic
Writing modified preferences to device
Aborting due to: Node.writeConfig() missing 1 required positional argument: ‘config_name’

appreciate any thoughts, thanks
Ted

I saw the same error when I tried to use --configure, for what it’s worth. 1.3.42 to T-beam 1.1 via windows meshtastic cli

I have same setup. Tried with a Paxcounter module, and ubuntu CLI too.- ted

I also have this issue with tbeam (1.3 I believe). Is there an issue report on Github?