Choose your own iOS notification sound?

On Android devices, I can choose the notification tone for incoming messages myself in the smartphone app settings. How do I do this on iOS devices?

Sound and haptics under settings

Yes, I can set the notification tone for messages, but specifically for messages from Meshtastic, I would like to set my own ton.

I see this in the settings, but I can’t set my own tone here, like in Andoid. Is there another solution?

No, all the notifications settings are in sound and haptics

Hello Garth (are you the publisher of the app?) If so, I’ve really come to the right place. I have 2 iPads and 2 friends iPhones, we have already tried everything in “sound and haptics” in Europe, which means only “tones” to change the standard notification tone, without success. Do you have 2-3 screenshots that would help us? Kind regards from Switzerland

There are no additional settings

Sorry, we’ve tried everything but can’t find the solution. Can you please show us step by step how we get the necessary settings? We really tried everything. In Android it’s no problem to set your own ringtone, but in iOS???

You can set it for messages, that is it.

I was given the tip on Facebook that the default alerts for sounds should be changed. It didn’t work on the iPad, but it might on the iPhones. I’ll pass on the information. We stay tuned. We need a solution

This is a limitation of iOS as they do not allow you to change notification sounds per app. You can submit feedback to Apple: Product Feedback - Apple

The request to Appel is out. The only option I see if the request has no effect is to continue working with an external buzzer on the board, then we would not be dependent on the operating systems. Thanks for the tip :+1:

A Facebook user brought the critical alert feature into play. But I can’t find anything about it on Google or here in Discord…

I found out that this is Apple’s own function to display messages in a prioritized manner, for example an alarm message. This function is assigned by Apple for the respective apps. Wouldn’t it be great that Meshtastic had these rights too? Can’t we put some pressure on Apple together? Product Feedback - Apple