Armachat meets Meshtastic?!?

Just seen this and was wowed! I’ve been wanting a device similar to this for a long while. Is this from anyone here?

2 Likes

Hi, I’m the creator of Meshenger, the standalone Meshtastic device! I’m tropho on the Discord server. Your description of ‘Armachat meets Meshtastic’ is spot on, as I found Armachat first then soon after stumbled upon Meshtastic. I’m pleased to know people like it, and it has been a fun and challenging project to develop. I even had to buy a laser cutter and learn how to use it (well enough, at least) which I’ve wanted to get for a long time and this was the perfect excuse :slight_smile:

Editing this reply to add that the Meshtastic developers have been VERY supportive, adding several features for standalone devices like this one to really make it work well. The Meshtastic community, especially on Discord has also been amazing, providing input and feedback as the device development matured.

4 Likes

Yeah, a lot of us have been waiting for this one and super excited it’s now available. Ordered mine last night! :star_struck:

1 Like

Pleased to meet you Tropho! Do you have any plans to make this water resistant in the future? That would knock it out of the park imho!

1 Like

I have considered that, yes. Getting it to this point was my first goal so I suppose I should start planning for something at least water resistant…

5 Likes