Amateur Radio Application?

Hi, how easy is it to addict the operational frequency of a 433.9MHz unit? I would like to use this on (approx) 438MHz as an amateur LoRA mesh network experiment.

1 Like

Super easy, there is one constant you need to change. Change CH0 in MeshRadio.h. also for your experiment change NUM_CHANNELS to 1.

Many thanks! I’ll go forth and experiment with this, I’ve just got my first two nodes running.

Justin.

2 Likes

Please let us know how you get on with this :slight_smile:

/M0JMO

Hi! I’ve not bought the 433 modules yet, I have 4 x 868, however my friend 2E0EUI has bought 2 x 433 modules. I’m still struggling with the Bluetooth disconnects, I’ll buy the new ones when this issue is sorted which I understand will be soon. 865.2MHz is nice and clear here in Petts Wood though.

1 Like

Shame the Chilterns are in between us, or we could try some DX :slight_smile:

Intrigued to find out what possibilities there are with amateur radio. I’ve got a great vantage point over Glasgow, and am swithering between 868 and 433 units. I would have thought 433 offered better range though.

I haven’t used my license in earnest in years, but I do keep leaning towards the digital communications side rather than voice.

1 Like

I’m sticking to 865.2 simply because I don’t need an NOV to pop one at my repeated site and also it’s a long way from UHF interference from London Buses near my site!

Justin G8YTZ/GB3JV

www.g8ytz.com

| kylegordon
July 16 |

• | - |

Intrigued to find out what possibilities there are with amateur radio. I’ve got a great vantage point over Glasgow, and am swithering between 868 and 433 units. I would have thought 433 offered better range though.

I haven’t used my license in earnest in years, but I do keep leaning towards the digital communications side rather than voice.