Aborting due to: No module named 'timeago.locales.en'

After setting up admin channel on two devices successfully I get this error?? im on “firmwareVersion”: “2.0.19.3209aea” tbeam and HelTec V3 devices

error after running command below
PS C:\Windows\System32> meshtastic --nodes
Connected to radio
Aborting due to: No module named ‘timeago.locales.en’

tried this python3 -m pip install timeago
says already there, but still get error

see where it went wrong here Remote Node Administration | Meshtastic

Remote admin is only working in the apple apps currently, the python cli need to be re-written to support the new 2.0 config structure.

1 Like

Ok thanks, my head was hurting. will take meds now

This was posted back in 2023 has there been any way to resolve this since this post.

running latest stable meshtastic beta release; with the latest windows meshtastic-windows bundled cli release.

Was able to add admin channel from cli and add that channel to the 2nd node. was able to get a node report at that point. following the same how to above, changed the name of 1 of the nodes remotely; which causes a reboot. When the remote node came back up unable to get a meshtastic --nodes list; but, do get the same error above, regardless of which node the request is run from.

is there any resolution to this ?

TIA,

cef1000

1 Like

I had this happen with fresh out of the box t-beams… ESP32-D0WDQ6-V3 (revision v3.1)

they had 2.1.5 firmware and i updated to 2.2.23… I unboxed, plugged in the USB, did the firmware update, reboot, did a seturl for my channels, reboot and when i checked the --nodes i got No module named ‘timeago.locales.en’

so i screwed on the antenna, got up and made a cup of tea, came back and ran it again and it worked just fine…

dont know if this helps but thats how it went for me

No wonder. I drink coffee. I’m going to have to switch to Tea !

Thank you for the insight, I loved the response. :wink:

These are the wisblock meshtastic starter kits. I’ll let them sit a while and come back to them, just getting started with experimenting with meshtastic so can always be a bit of a bumpy road with experiments.

I’ll brew (butcher :sun_with_face:) a cup of tea and see what happens…

Best regards.

I am experiencing the same issue. Fresh install on a wisblock and I am running Ubuntu. Setup my channel and admin channel.

@cphase … The prepacked meshtastic CLI bundled kit, for both windows and Ubuntu, appears to be missing the proper “time-ago” python/pip module code.

When we installed all the python CLI pieces manually in Linux Mint, a ubuntu based distro, and made sure the time-ago module was installed and there, it all works properly.

Suggest making sure, before you start a manual install of the python/pip pieces, you delete or rename the single file bundle code so you know that’s not getting in the way.

Once we did the manual pythin/pip install
we don’t get the error response when typing: meshtastic --node, we get the expected output.

Getting the pieces installed manually under windows has issues surrounding the pip side of things. Haven’t made that run properly yet.

Welcome to the joys and challanges of open source projects. :wink:

That said; many thanks and much respect to all the folks that put their time and effort into working on this project…

Hello, I had the same problem when using the stand alone python.
SOLUTION:
Do not use the standalone. Follow the comms channel cli installation. and also install the tools using this command pip install --upgrade setuptools

1 Like

I don’t remember seeing that, which episode was that??

2 Likes

Thanks whizbang, I remember seeing now, for windows and I am using Linux.

What are all the pieces if you remember, if not I will try and find/figure it out.

Thanks!
Jeff

The stand alone windows exe is no longer available.

Basically followed the manual Python/PIP install pieces based on your distro. The last one we did was using TuxedoOS a ubuntu based distro… In that distro, the important part to get it all to work is make sure the user account is part of the “dial out” group and has the path properly; this is partially distro related.