Meshtastic ATAK Forwarder

ATAK version 4.4.0.8
Plug-in API version 4.4.0.MIL
Meshtastic app version 1.2.45
Meshtastic firmware version 1.2.48
ATAK Forwarder version 1.0.3-1-4.4.0-civ-release.apk
Android version 8.0.0 (Solution: Android 9 or better needed)

The Meshtastic app and device are working fine on their own. ATAK Forwarder is successfully installed and loaded into ATAK, but there is no way to actually interact with the plugin within ATAK. It does not show anywhere besides the TAK Package Management screen.

Additionally, if I send a message through the Meshtastic app, it crashes ATAK on the sending device.

1 Like

There are some topics about making this work. From what I remember it requires specific versions of ATAK and the device firmware. And the slower speed settings do not work.

It’s a weird issue though. The plugin is installed and loaded into ATAK, but it’s not actual showing up in ATAK, so I can’t adjust any settings or use it at all.

could be an issue with signing of the files. I think there is at least three ‘branches’ of ATAK and the person working on the plugin only got it signed for one branch and compatible with a specific main version, like 3.2.x or something.

I’m pretty sure it’s an Android version issue.

I loaded the exact same setup on a different phone running Android 11, and it worked fine.

Yes i had the same issue with android 8, just upgrade to android 9 and everything is working fine