How does T-beam behave with diminishing USB voltage?

Has anyone got experience with how the T-beam behaves when it has a USB supply connected, but with that supply slowly discharging and the voltage diminishing?

In my tests, I see that the OLED display shows the U indicator to show it is aware of a USB power source, but it also shows the battery percentage declining. This is not what I expected and I’m not sure if its showing a ‘best guess’ percentage for the USB battery, or has it started to eat into the onboard battery supply…?

If memory serves, the axp will stop taking power from the USB port if the USB voltage drops below 4.5V. I don’t recall what it does when it gets to 4.5V, but it definitely doesn’t get power from the port anymore.

1 Like

Hi Avron

Just rxed my T beam this week. Newb -

My first question is why is your USB voltage diminishing?

Your description ; more description on hardware and application would be helpfull.

I suspect your problem not T beam specific

likely a usb power supply problem.
Have you tried other USB power supplies?
i’m guessing you using some form of alternative energy power source either undersized or without voltage regulation. quite possibly both! e,g, solar
Have you tried your USB supply in question on other devices?
e.g. Cell phone , or other device with microprocessor.

regards

My t-beams are fine, I was just trying to understand the behaviour if I was powering them by a USB connected battery and as that depleted, how the t-beam reacts.