Error: Timed out waiting for connection completion

Hello everyone,

From about six months I have had a meshtastic TLoRa on an unattended site but with internet available. I remote the TLoRa with a RaspberryPi in ssh mode. Unfortunately I always get the error in the figure and often it is not possible to send any command.
I discovered that by deleting the node database every 5 minutes via crontab, I can almost always give commands remotely, but it is certainly not the correct procedure to manage the TLoRa. Do you know how to solve this problem? If I send the commands with a laptop, for example with Win10 and Python
for Win10, no error occurs.
Can you help me?

If you need to delete the node database every 5 minutes, it means it fills up pretty quickly and then runs out of memory. Do you have MQTT enabled on the default server and channel (LongFast)? If yes, it means your device cannot keep up with the amount of traffic there.

Hi, thanks for reply. My device is connect in mesh only via radio (the raspberry pi is connected only for firmware upgrade).
I don’t have an MQTT connection

How many nodes are there in range? Deleting the NodeDB should normally not be necessary.

When it cannot connect with meshtastic --info on the Raspberry Pi, it looks like it cannot find the device on any of the USB ports.