Why is power.sds_secs default value 1 year?

I’m not sure what this is supposed to be?

That’s your perception, which is valid for you. I’m not going to argue that.

Looks like keywords to be used in discord - I found lenghty discussion about Solar-panels and values for sds_secs and choosing the platform: ESP32 vs. nrf52.

The “site:” part leads me to think it’s for google but this of course won’t return anything from the discord group. However, it does not prove their point that it’s “locked up in a discord vault” because it’s not, the group is open to everyone and the link for it is on the website.

Hmm, I am no native english speaker and IZ1IVA looks like a Radio amateur /HAM call-sign from Italy. Even his pic in profile reminds me the backside of my nanoVNA. So, it might be that “locked up in a discord vault” does not mean not accessible rather than in a safe place- that is just my bet. OTOH, giving the keywords to be used to search in Discord/meshtastic already proves that he knows that it is open to everyone.

What’s on Discord is not searchable from outside, as opposed to this very forum, so for all intents and purposes is not open.Yes, you can access it by subscribing to the platform, but that’s hardly the same thing.

Anyway, I was asking the reason about a default value and the answer was that I’m using the wrong hardware.

OK

Edge cases are not going to be defaults, pretty simple really. I never told you to not use your hardware you made that leap.

Closing this thread as it is not productive and boring.