Who is interested in a solar light relay node?

I see. Very interesting and valid point, thank you.

Is it correct, however, that in an area with low activity on the very device Lora settings (SF, frequency, …), the device should be able to stay asleep as long as there is no incoming packet with this very settings ? I am thinking about remote area with very low radio, and probably no problem finding a free LoRa sub-band.

Do we know what power does the LoRa radio module takes to listen to packets ? Is this a significant ? Is this also different on TTGO boards and on Wisblock boards ?

Ultimately, has it been envisioned to sync the clocks of the mesh devices so that they can all fall gradually asleep when nothing happens, until they all wake up every 15 minutes (for instance) to listen to each others and see if there is anything in the mail ? If not, sleep 15 more minutes. If yes, stay awoken for 2 minutes, then sleep for 1 minutes, then 2, then 5, then 10, then 15.
Off course, I can understand that this is some heavy trade off, in particular when alternative hardware offers better power requirement.

Cheers