Well, LILLYGO's T-ECHO case is definitely SLA!

Warning for those who want to keep their white T-ECHO actually white (and not dingy yellow): don’t actually take it outside or leave it on a window, or anywhere near any (even small) source of UV. The cases are very UV-sensitive.

Not a big deal as I kind of expected very little knowing the bundled case was additive-manufacturing and not an actual production-quality case, but it’s definitely SLA-printed with a pretty cheap resin, just one night and a few hours in the AM on the deck and the case is yellowed really badly where sun made contact!

Again, not a huge deal cosmetically, but with SLA resins, as they cure, if they begin to yellow, my experience is they become quite brittle, and this will likely lead to cracks and very easy failure. I suspect these will crack or shatter with even the slightest pressure after even modest UV exposure.

Those who want to avoid this may want to consider covering it in clear PU immediately upon receipt before any UV contact.

6 Likes

One may consider to apply a paint onto the enclosure to reduce this negative effect of the sun.

This result was achieved by utilizing the Tamiya white surface primer designated for RC models market:

2 Likes