Transmissions - Received but NAK

I have a relay on a mountain top, some 300m above sea level and have been getting some good results. The furthest range I have obtained is 50km. I leave a radio connected to a phone at home, with a connection to the mountain top relay, I take another radio with me in the car and periodically send messages at landmarks on my journey. Messages are sent, but they are not confirmed as being received on my mobile radio app, but yet when I return home the messages have been received on the home radio app.

How can this happen? Can I fix it by increasing a timeout setting? Also if my mobile radio transmission is being received by the relay, surely then I should be receiving the relay’s position, signal strength, etc?
@geeksville

Most likely the Mountain relay can ‘hear’ the radio in the car, but the car is not able to ‘hear’ messages from it.

Or you are experimenting a bug. Did you configure the mountain top radio as a relay? What version of the device firmware are you using?

Yes the relay is configured as a relay. I’m using the latest beta version v1.2.39.06892c4 and 1.2.31 App. I’m not sure if it is a bug.

This is the configuration for the relay.
#/bin/sh
clear
echo “Set all Router Parameter”
meshtastic --setowner Relay
meshtastic --set is_router true
meshtastic --info