Tbeam with SX1262

Added a issue on this topic:

1 Like

I have also noticed this issue with my custom build for the E22-900M30S module. It never got over 70-80% signal strength when close to another node. It also never worked at distance so I’d assume it is more a config setting affecting the receive sensitivity rather than the RSSI calculation. Maybe you could try the current build
on the SX1262 TBeam at a distance and see how it performs compared to the older SX1276 to confirm what I have seen.

I measured the transmit current and it was certainly transmitting.

2 Likes

@dafeman I am also going to build custom hardware using E22-900M30S (no GPS & no display). can you please share rough connection pinout with ESP32 b? I am going to use Lolin D32.

I was also curious about range. Did it work out for you?

Thanks.

There is an open issue for the SX1262 around showing a low SNR. It is also shown in range testing that something isn’t quite being configured properly and range therefore severely suffers. I do have it hooked up and communicating though. This is what I have in configuration.h but you could define nearly any pin (there are some limitations).

#define SX1262_CS 5
#define SX1262_DIO1 14
#define SX1262_RESET 13
#define SX1262_BUSY 33
#define SX1262_RXEN 12
//#define SX1262_TXEN
#define SX1262_E22

Standard SPI definitions are:

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// LoRa SPI
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#define SCK_GPIO 5
#define MISO_GPIO 19
#define MOSI_GPIO 27
#define NSS_GPIO 18

I use DIO2 to control the TX_en pin of the E22 module which is assumed by the code if you don’t define a control GPIO with:

#define SX1262_TXEN xx
2 Likes

Thank you @dafeman. I will try to assemble it.

2 Likes

Btw I recently fixed a bug where for sx1262 we were transmitting at 17dBm when we really wanted 22dBm. That fix was included in last week’s build.

2 Likes

Nice! I think I had bumped that up in my build but it was still showing a low SNR % compared to the V1.0 TBeams. I need to have a dig around it again.

1 Like