Retailers for TTGO board

I tried to buy the TTGO I-Beam via AliExpress in early March. The seller was Development Board Factory Store. They never delivered it and AliExpress organised a refund to me.
I was trying again to buy it and there are several other selllers but all the devices seem to be slightly different by picture from the Factory Store one.
Should I go back to Factory Store and try again or are there other sellers I could use? Any help much appreciated.

1 Like

I would just buy it from the factory store. I just received a box that I ordered a long time ago. Supposedly they (and most other shenzhen mfgs) were hit super hard with covid and just as they came back online most US<>china airtraffic stopped (therefore stopping the cheap “epacket” shipping shippers used). I gather lots of “epacket” is now “ship in a container on a ship”.

2 Likes

Thanks for the fast response - I will re-order.

1 Like

Hello Feh123,
The best way to get TTGO boards containing the most recent board versions is to buy them from TTGO’s online stores themselves. Their main store on aliexpress is Liligo. Seatechnolgy store and FaceToFace are the same people from Lilygo’s main shop. They are always very responsive and kind and helpful, and they listen to customers’ advice to improve their products and their service. Plus they deliver real fast.
I had also some pleasant experience buying from other companies’ TTGO stocks (like YuRuiCheng or Development board factory but it looks like I had more luck than you?). Especially if they happen to sell at a lower price, mostly being earlier board versions still in their stocks. Generally, I’ve never received bad boards, the difference being sometimes small changes in antenna matching circuits, extra onboard connectors soldered with or without the extra components etc. which, in certain cases, was very practical for my setups.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I ordered from Development board factory and AliExpress tells me it’s on the way. Lilygo looks a good site - I may try it for other things too as they seem to have a good range of ESP32 stuff. Thanks again.

1 Like

Oh yes. I really like their huge variety of esp32 things.

Will the board without GPS work for this…? In reference to https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000577612068.html

1 Like

Yes that will work fine. Check out the hardware guide here. https://github.com/meshtastic/Meshtastic-device/wiki/Hardware-Information

2 Likes

yah - no GPS required, but if you can find a tbeam (which are scarce right now in the USA) I think that is a bit better (because huge battery - and if the device has a GPS, then the phone doesn’t need to help it by providing GPS ‘for it’)

1 Like

The sales page announces STM8L152 in the title, but all pictures are showing T3_V1.6 which is ESP32-based = ok ! So you would need to load Meshtastic firmware version TTGO_LORA_V2 and you’ll be okay Geodesix.

1 Like