Pinedio gateway

Have you heard about Pinedio? Just wondering if it will be compatible with Meshtastic. :smiley:

Pinedio
" We are striving to bring our indoor and outdoor PineDio LoRa gateways, as well as the various end-nodes, to the Pine Store as soon as possible. I’ve devoted a lengthy section to all the PineDio gear in the works in last month’s update, so make sure to read that first in case you missed it. We initially hoped to make the hardware available this month, however it may take a little longer for us to bring the devices to the market. Let me give you a complete run-down of why it will take us a bit longer (if you’re not interested in the details, skip to the third paragraph).

Just as we were preparing to submit the gateway for certification we learnt that the Realtek Gigabit PHY used on the PINE A64-LTS – that is the brains of the PineDio gateway – can no longer be sourced (if you’re unaware of ongoing global component shortages, please read the February and March updates housekeeping sections). As a result of this, we had to introduce a new revision of the PINE A64-LTS (v2.0) with the same PHY used on Quartz64 model-A. This was not the only problem we found; the gateway also uses the BL602 WiFi/BLE chipset, for which we still need a working driver in Linux."

2 Likes

The Pine64 folks have sent me some hardware and there is unofficial early support for it in the current master source tree (though no prebuilt binaries for this platform). A few weeks after they send final hardware I think we should have ‘official’ support in.

5 Likes

I was going to ask about this these gateways as they are much more capable than the hardware we are using, 27 dBm is going fun.
Theoretically looking at the feature set of the RAK2247/SX1302 could the gateway be setup to forward any meshtastic channel on the same frequency range? I wouldn’t have to be on the same spreading factor if I understand correctly.