Overengineered 3D Print Case for T-Beam v1.1 (IPEX)

rotating the screen in sw is pretty easy (the display controller will do it by setting a couple of bits). Our GUI layout stuff is fairly screen size agnostic, but I think that swaping 128x64 for 64x128 will be too narrow for many of our fields and they will overlap. In that case you’d need to do a whole new layout in the screen.cpp code (so not quick, not hard but tedious)

Someday… (unless someone gets to it first) I’d like to put on a more abstracted layout manager. I’ll probably do it by porting this layout-manager (which includes menus and user configurable fields) I wrote for a different project:

2 Likes

petg has three good properties for this application:

1. Can get really hot and not melt (so if you leave it in a hot car it won’t droop like PLA can)
  2. You can get transparentish filament
  3. It is much less brittle than PLA, so if you drop it won’t crack
1 Like

Makes sense, just an idea for the future since physically rotating the screen would take up a little more space with additional wiring.

Hi @jangrewe
thanks for the great case, I’ve printed 2 of them not on PETG but with PLA.

I love how precise it is! (even I struggled a bit to mount it;) )
Two suggestion, I’ve cracked the button because they push the switch as soon as I close the top. Maybe a version for PLA needs a little more room.
For a printing without post processing maybe the angle for the bottom part is too sloping, some less degree will help with the printing.

I’m finding some problem with the GPS antenna but no case can solve this topic 100%.

Thanks for sharing your design, it was my first choice as I saw it…

2 Likes

jangrewe and everybody who is designing cases for ttgo - hats off to you and thank you for the work!

I was wondering, did you happen to create a 3d model of the T-Beam along side the case? I was planning on remixing some of the cases on thingiverse to house additional components inside but am not very good at modelling yet.
If you or somebody else on this forum were willing to share T-Beam models, that I can base my case building upon, I would be very grateful.

1 Like

I also didn’t find an existing model, so i just used my calipers to create a very basic placeholder for the PCB and then designed around it. I think there are also some diagrams somewhere for the basic dimensions, but i couldn’t find them anymore.

And you will definitely need some calipers for measuring all the dimensions of the components, ports, etc.

1 Like

thanks a lot for the sketch) Seems I will also be doing my own measurements)

I started using DJ’s upload here: https://grabcad.com/library/ttgo-t-beam-real-size-1

1 Like