Need a supported-devices.md file, looking for volunteers

Hi ya’ll,

The queue of coding tasks is kinda long, but we are making great progress. If anyone wants to help out with a non-coding bit of work, this issue could use some love. :wink:

I’ll do it! How do I get started? Make a page on my own github first and copy it over when agreed?

1 Like

That’s awesome!

I think the steps would be:

1. Fork the meshtastic-esp32 repo (click the fork button)
  2. Create and edit a docs/hardware/supported-devices.md file in your repo. You can move some of the existing content in the root README.md into this file as well.
  3. Check it into your repo and send in a pull-request
  4. We talk in the pull request and then it gets merged!

Good tutorials here (and others here would happily help with questions)

tutorial on forking and pull requests
markdown syntax

I have done a draft of hardware doc and made an index to most of the docs in to docs directory. I am not familiar with git. I think the wiki area works differently wrt to pulls etc. I worked round it all by just editing the docs directly on there and uploaded the pictures in issues so they went to github usercontent. That seems to be working fine. Let me know if you want anything else doing.

2 Likes

OMG your wiki is so amazing. I’ll work on merging it later today. Thanks so much - you kick ass.

1 Like

Hi hard workers,

Sorry I’ve been off for a few days because we’re starting up a 3d printing scheme here in France to adapt diving masks to breathing devices for covid-19 patients and it’s taking quite some energy.

But while things and tests were printing, I tested all LoRa devices I own with the existing 0.2.2 brew (report not finished, though, but will come very soon)
Now to help out this topic on supported devices, I can share my excel sheet containing all 19 candidates, which are physically different LoRa board versions from Heltec and TTGO, including those I don’t own but I’m aware of!
As you will notice, per board, there are 4 columns to illustrate differences in pinouts between by the vendor datasheets, espressif board definition, 3re column is based on current version in 0.2.2. Meshtastic configuration file, and 4th column is my personal conclusion which pin is actually or probably the right one…
Hence, there is a huge topic “issues with Heltec and TTGO pinouts in relation to our config file” underway !
As we’re only allowed to upload images to this group, I provide a dropbox link so you’ll always download the last version from my PC.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gly6z21qqps7uvc/espMeshtasticBoards_ev01.xls?dl=0

3 Likes

Super great! btw - anecotally, @sensorsiot mentioned that he had done RF performance testing and it showed that the range on the TTGO devices was far better than the heltec devices. I think he has a youtube on the topic (but I haven’t yet watched it)