Meshtastic Web - Connection is not secure

Playing around with various configurations but this one gives me headaches. My T- Beam is connected to my home network as a client via WiFi. Unfortunately it won’t let me access it and its web app. It shows it’s connected on the device screen and I tried both the IP and URL method. All I get is “Connection not secure” and a white page. Tried various devices and browsers with the same result and there doesn’t seem to be a way of adding an exception.

I can, however, send messages from Terminal.

On the other hand, I can access the device and its web app directly when in AP mode without problems so the issue seems to be with my home router / network settings.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated!

The files needed for the webserver on the device are in the spiff file.
You need to use the install script when installing the FW on the device.
More info here:

Edit: I just saw that you could access the webapp in AP mode. :slight_smile: My solution will not help you then…

Nope unfortunately not. It’s the one detail that throws me. But thanks for trying to help! It’s probably something very silly…
Apparently, one of the top reasons for these errors to happen are time discrepancies between devices. I guess that falls flat too though since the GPS should keep the time pretty well in the T-Beam. I’ve tried accessing it from the network with two different tablets, one cell phone and one laptop all of which are network timed. In fact the laptop is GPS timed, too.

Hi, if you are using the ESPHome flasher, it will not flash any files to the SPIFFS.
Please use the included flash script, instructions: Flashing ESP32 devices firmware | Meshtastic
If you have already done this, please post a screenshot with the contents of your browser console visable, thanks.

1 Like

I could be mistaken but this sounds like a certificate issue. If you have chrome open the page and:

1. Click a blank section of the page.
  2. Using your keyboard, type thisisunsafe . This will add the website to a safe list, where you should not be prompted again.
1 Like

Good idea but it didn’t work, unfortunately.

Thanks for the tip! Not sure what’s going on but now I can’t get esptool to install 🤦🏻

pip 9.0.1
python 3.6.9

My GUI utility specifically allows this, along with backup and restore. This comes from the desktop_pygui package I am currently updating but I figured a dedicated tool would be useful.

If using linux you will need to add your user to the dialout group or use sudo to in order to talk to serial devices.

1 Like

Hi, an update to this, most likely a mixed content violation. for now you can use the web ui hosted locally from the device over http, or the hosted version over serial or ble. We’re exploring options to get this to work.

1 Like