Mesh-Routing algorithm

What are your current interests? Learn what would support your passions.

Just to note that the DSR changes were made

Sure thing! The code is in src/mesh (probably best to start by looking at MeshService.h). The language is C++. How to do a build. How to fork.

I’d recommend considering doing your development by making an alternate implementation of the Router class. That would allow you to keep almost everything about meshtastic unchanged except for the transport. Though switching transports is always kinda a big work item, so I’d bet some refactoring of Router (and its clients) will be needed based on what you find.

If you have questions the developer slack channel (see sticky thread for link) the other devs are happy to help.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the great suggestions!
I’ll try my best, and hopefully make a useful implementation to have large networks!

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Duty cycle limits

If you have not seen. Was a great explanation of BATMAN.

5:55 min in

1 Like

https://sci-hub.se/10.1145/1645953.1646063

Just noticing that Reticulum has had a release since this thread: GitHub - markqvist/Reticulum: Self-configuring, encrypted and resilient mesh for LoRa, packet radio, WiFi

Is anyone interested in exploring this to improve support for large networks? I guess life got in the way of @fvsura’s work?

3 Likes

That looks very nice.

I imagine @geeksville is rather busy with bug fixes and all the stuff he does outside of this project but maybe he can add looking into this on to his to-do list.

I see work is continuing on Understanding Reticulum — Reticulum Network Stack 0.3.0 beta documentation

There’s a plan to port it to C Porting to C · Issue #2 · markqvist/Reticulum · GitHub

If it exists in C would Meshtastic use it I wonder? Does it look interesting @mc-hamster @geeksville

Are there any C developers here who could help out with the porting?

1 Like