Lost messages while testing

I think at the app / web interface level it is a best practice to not allow a configuration that easily allows devices to just sit there and be at or significantly over the duty cycle limits. To me that means all the auto magic stuff (node info, ack packets, location updates, etc) is at least within the duty cycle (or close to it).

If user generated messages (in addition to the auto magic stuff) exceed the duty cycle for relatively brief periods of time it’s not ideal but I doubt it will become a major source of interference or concern in meat space (arm chair discussions are another matter).

This is an open source project, for good or bad people can change any of these settings and recompile. Or use the python interface. Giving people an easy button to abuse the shared spectrum just don’t seem like a good idea to me.

I think it is too easy and common for people without RF experience to not know or understand we are not the only project and users of theses frequencies.

Systems for monitoring and collecting highway tolls in the U.S. use the 915-MHz band as do home weather stations, automated meter reading, industrial monitoring and home security. RFID tag technology for monitoring and recording the movements of pharmaceuticals in the distribution chain also uses the 915-MHz band.

1 Like