LoraLayer 2 to send messages within the mesh

Hi we are trying to use the LoraLayer2 protocol with modules Lora RFM95 and ESP8266 or ESP32
to recieve and transmit data/messages within the mesh network. For what I read the function
int ret = LL2.writeData(uint8_t* data, size_t length) is use to to write data that will be sent through Layer 1 to the other device. Is this correct? Can you provide me an example to know how to fill in the parameters of this function?

Also, know if what we are trying to do is possible… I have read that this was in development in december 2020 but i am not sure how it turned up. The idea is to use the loralayer 2 protocol to communicate between the ESP32+RFM95w modules to form a mesh network to send and recieves messages from sensors.

Regards!

1 Like

If I understand your post correctly this is a question Geeksville may be able to answer as he developed the core of this project.

But I think you are trying to implement your own platform, not use Meshtastic. Is that correct?

I think you’re referring to this Protocol · sudomesh/disaster-radio Wiki · GitHub which is a separate project from Meshtastic. It should in principle work but I think it’s untested on RFM95 and ESP8266. If there was a particular reason you wanted to use LL2 I’d suggest opening a ticket here: Issues · sudomesh/LoRaLayer2 · GitHub

At this point, I’d instead look at using the Meshtastic API and currently supported hardware meshtastic API documentation

1 Like