Issues with Heltec and TTGO pinouts in relation to our config file

The list of issues is underway (it takes a lot of time to sort out all log files, so I think finishing this by tomorrow or so), but I’ve noticed some problems when loading Meshtastic 0.2.2 into especially Heltec 1 and Lora v1 and v2 boards. It came out that this is mainly due to inconsistencies in pinouts between the subsequent improvements of their manufacturers’ products and because sometimes they forget to change pictures or datasheets on their salespages or github.

While testing, I noticed that some boards which did not seem to work at all, at first, actually did when I uploaded the bin file for a different version of the board. This is especially true for the older boards which I mentioned above.

I’ve been testing various physically different LoRa board versions from Heltec and TTGO, and put their pinouts, including those I don’t own but I’m aware of, in this excel sheet.
As you will notice, per board, there are 4 columns to illustrate differences in pinouts between by the vendor datasheets, espressif board definition, 3rd column is based on current version in 0.2.2. Meshtastic configuration file, and 4th column is my personal conclusion which pin is actually or probably the right one…
And, maybe, it will permit to take decisions on adding more board versions or changing the layout of the config file, Idunno…

As we’re only allowed to upload images to this group, I provide a dropbox link so you’ll always download the last version from my PC.

2 Likes

wow that really is a great spreadsheet! and a lot of work you did!