First "developer conference call": Sunday, 3AM UTC time

Hi ya’ll,

We have a pretty friendly/active group of users/testers/docwriters/developers now (yay!). Any interest in having a one hour (or less) conference call to discuss issues/interests/next-steps? (This idea arose out of a conversation with @zebus).

I’m thinking something a little over a week from now? (i.e. Sunday noon asia time, Saturday evening 10PM California time. Anyone in Europe? if so, it might be tricky for us to find a good timezone for all three most likely regions) Is this time or date especially bad for anyone (if so, can you propose alternatives?)

Anyone from this forum would be welcome and I’d work to keep us on topic and manage time. Would someone else be willing to take some basic notes so they can be posted later?

Proposed agenda (changes?):

• (very) brief introductions/background
  • I’d give a brief history of the project and my (personal, other devs might have other things they want to do) goals for the next few weeks and months
  • Each other developer say what stuff they want to work on
  • Open discussion on any general issues or ideas (if any one thing becomes long we’ll probably need to move that topic to online chat/documents/issues later)
11 Likes

Actually - next Friday 10PM california time / Saturday noon Taiwan time might be better because I might be able to get TTGO to join the call if we do it then… I’ll ask them…

2 Likes

Great idea. Even though I haven’t contributed anything yet, I’d love to attend.

3 Likes

you’ve already contributed a lot of useful bug reports! also anyone on this forum is welcome.

1 Like

I’m happy to contribute. Fri AM to Sun PM PST are good for me.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m free then, count me in!

3 Likes

I’ll be online for that!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Awesome Im glad so many are down for a group chat!

1 Like

Okay: Let’s set the day/time. I think I just did this conversion correctly. In various timezones it would be:

• Saturday, 8PM US Pacific time (I slid things forward so that the east US coast wouldn’t be too late)
  • Saturday, 11PM US Eastern time
  • Sunday, 11AM Taiwan time :wink:
  • Sunday, 3AM UTC time

Cool? Anyone happen to have a corp zoom account we can use? Otherwise I can look into skype/google-chat/etc for a group voice chat.

1 Like

I might be able to do Microsoft Teams for everyone

Will you share a list of topics covered for whose unable to attend (4AM UK)? I have one thought re BT pairing - I don’t always need a high level of protection - a 4 digit code that I can set and confirm from my phone would be okay. Just as an additional option. Hope the call goes well.

2 Likes

Would love to join, hear your voices and learn more about yalls backgrounds, but too late for my timezone. Have fun!

I can send out a zoom for this. I can do this tonight (it’s 8am now)

1hr and post the zoom invite here?

1 Like

Can we record the zoom as well for those of us that can’t make or don’t catch the whole meeting?

2 Likes

I dont mind running OBS to record

1 Like

Jm Casler is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Meshtastic Developer Conference
Time: Apr 10, 2021 08:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 990 3891 6753
Passcode: meshtastic
One tap mobile
+16699009128,99038916753#,*8583313550# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,99038916753#,*8583313550# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 990 3891 6753
Passcode: 8583313550
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adGieYwDa

2 Likes

yay! I like zoom but I’m too cheap to pay for it ;-). Let’s all use that.

And here’s a calendar entry for those that use gcal:

https://calendar.google.com/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=cTUyamRoZjNvMDg0amI3Y2dnMmZnMjc2aG8gdW5jbGVzb2Nrc0Bt&tmsrc=unclesocks%40gmail.com

1 Like

I don’t like paying for it either but needed it for something earlier in the week. It just worked out this time.

… if anyone wants to dial in a few minutes early to do a mic and video check, I’ll open the zoom about 5 minutes before the actual.

2 Likes