Failed to write to target RAM (result was 01070000)

Is that the clip on russian hack listed above by @Linar ?

No, that looks super intense.

There is a file in the firmware folder that kind of does a reset on the device if it has been configured by other sofware. Run the command below and then try and install the version that is failing.

sh device-install.sh -f spiffs-*.bin
1 Like

Just to confirm. I was able to update using the new Android app. I believe the TTGO team has decided to use a new driver/UART chip (can anyone point me to how I find out which chip I have on my board, i.e. the model number) based on this: Version 1.4 with CH9102F doesn't work with Mac OS X ¡ Issue #139 ¡ Xinyuan-LilyGO/LilyGo-T-Call-SIM800 ¡ GitHub

Sorry, I don’t have any Macs to give you anything definitive, but searching around suggests running system_profiler SPUSBDataType from the Terminal.

That’s supposed to show you USB devices attached to your Mac, and you can capture the Vendor ID and Product ID fields for the device. That should give you a pretty good indication of what’s attached from the USB perspective, which should give you some hints on which USB-UART bridge you’ve got.

Here are my 2 cents.
I got it working on my Macbook Pro 2019 and Macbook Air M1 2020.

First, install GitHub - WCHSoftGroup/ch34xser_macos: MacOS USB driver for USB to serial chip ch340, ch341, ch342, ch343, ch344, ch9101, ch9102, ch9103, etc
Follow the readme very carefully.
When the Chinese window appears during the installation, go to security settings and allow extension.

Restart your Mac and connect the device.
You should see something like /dev/tty.wchusbserial51850141401

If you see /dev/cu.usbmodem52D50033451 instead of /dev/tty.wch* then the driver installation failed.
You have to uninstall the driver, reboot, and install again, following the exact steps in the readme.

Also, pay attention to this article when the Chinese window appears, you have to allow the extension first.
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/technotes/tn2459/_index.html

If the driver installation succeeds, you should see something like:
/dev/tty.usbmodem51850141401 - This does not work.
/dev/tty.wchusbserial51850141401 and that works OK.

Hope someone finds this helpful.

6 Likes

I did… Unfortunately I’m on a work trip out of the country and can’t test it until next month.

THX - now Lilygo works fine with that solution.

1 Like

Your method worked for me too, today. Thanks!

1 Like