Exciting new TTGO board prototype!

This thing might actually be small and low power enough to become a (albeit big) wristwatch

1 Like

Based on http://www.lilygo.cn/prod_view.aspx?TypeId=50036&Id=1318&FId=t3:50036:3 it looks like it is for a touchscreen.

2 Likes

I think there might be another. I haven’t heard from them in a while though.

Ooh wow. Good find @randybb

I would love to see If it can drive the TTGO T5s 2.7 inch Red Black White ePaper display directly without the extra ePaper ESP32 Module. The Red three color display really stands out.

I have one of those and I bet it could. The pinout seems identical and the library I used to do the eink control supports both.

I used them in this (now abandoned) experiment:

These enclosures were 3d printed or injection molded?

3d printed - I uploaded the STLs to thingiverse. (Except the one with the color screen - it came that way from aliexpress)

Heh. Miiiight want to tread lightly on the T-52 angle! Apparently it was a Nazi cipher communications device… a bit close to home :stuck_out_tongue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siemens_and_Halske_T52

Well… if you want to find something, you’ll find it i guess.

Let’s call it T-Sombrero and hope the aliens do not mind.

Thats very cool!

Maybe another feedback for TTGO: I really wish they’d sell fitting injection moulded cases for them. Especially this new pocket-sized board is just begging to be carried around safely!

1 Like

Yea, but it is really hard to design a case that would fit every purpose. For some people would be a smaller battery enough, for other 1,2, or even 4x18650 field replecable cells…

Just maybe…if most of their boards would have the same matching footprint, it vould be theoretically possible.

I really would like to see more boards with nRF52840 as main MPU - for example for the T-PCIE tracking module it would be really great. And sure, most of their boards are equippped with AXP192 that has multiple power rails and they use only 1-2 power rails, other are not connected.

When it’s available, is there any chance someone in the US could do a bulk buy and then distribute? I’d even be willing to prepay. I’m back in Haiti but I have a US mail address that forwards here. That adds a couple of weeks to shipping from china. I’m just trying to mitigate the wait. And perhaps a bigger purchase could get us better pricing.

1 Like

Can you sell them through here with a tiny mark up to go towards the project running costs? Put me in the queue!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Selling cases in tindie

How do you imagine the antennas to be placed? Can they be stacked or do they need to be on separate sides?

To help someone setting up one of these devices I just made this little video - in case anyone else finds it interesting, here it is:

5 Likes

Very timely! I’ll be switching gears to work on that device, maybe Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks mate!

1 Like

btw - I updated the bootloader code since the version I gave you. To avoid having to build and install the bootloader, just flash this attached file onto the device. It includes a bootloader and a (oldish) version of the appload. Once this is installed you can just use the SWD tool from platformio “upload” (or over USB file drop) to put your own appload build on.

The easiest way to install this bootloader+appload file:

nrfjprog --eraseall -f nrf52; nrfjprog --program ttgo_eink_full.hex -f nrf52 --reset

I’ll post the hex file to the developer slack.

Any insight as to when we might see this board available to users?

Cheers

1 Like