Meshtastic

Dear someone with a "Lenovo Tab M8" if you are here

You pressed report bug. But from your log it looks like you just need to click the android notification to pair with the device. Until you do that you won’t be able to select the device in the settings screen.

Thanks for looking at that. Unfortunately both the tab M8 is new and my tbeam is new, so I am not sure which one is causing the issue. The notification to enter the pin is never displayed. On the debug log for the device I only see the following.

Starting bluetooth

*** Mesh service:
GPS fix type 0
Ignoring invalid GPS time
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
GPS fix type 0
phone authenticate failed 102

Here is the error on the android device:

I know this is not a lot to go on, but if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Hmm - oh!

when you click on that device on the available devices Bluetooth pairing page, what do you see on your android phone? Does it prompt you to enter a PIN code there? If not, can you look in your notifications menu - perhaps the Lenovo folks placed the dialog there?

On your meshtastic screen, does it show the boot logo when the device starts? Does it show the 6 digit pin on that screen?

so I do not have a screen on my device, i though the pin was dumped out in the serial connection, but I am looking through the code and I do not see it in a debug message. I am pulling down the source and the platformio tools and see if I can do some debugging on this to see if this is the tablet of my tbeam. I checked the tablets notification and it does not prompt, and without the oled screen I dont know for sure if the bluetooth is setup correctly. I will dig into the bottom of this, and i ordered some new devices from the aliexpress so hopefully those will get here sometime soonish. This is my first embedded work, so it will take a little bit to get ramped up.

1 Like

yeah - it should print to the serial port. just fyi here’s what the string looks like:

Serial.printf(“onConfirmPIN %u\n”, pin);

I tested out the 9.1 alpha and we made progress. The Tablet now prompts for the pin and seems to accept it. From there it looks like the rest of the handshake fails… Below is the serial/debug log.

PASSKEY_ACTION_EVENT started 
*** Enter passkey 681051 on the peer side ***
Trigger powerFSM 7
Transition powerFSM transition=Bluetooth pairing, from=ON to=ON
ble_sm_inject_io result: 0
connection updated; status=0 handle=0 our_ota_addr_type=0 our_ota_addr=00:8c:aa:b5:82:ed
 our_id_addr_type=0 our_id_addr=00:8c:aa:b5:82:ed
 peer_ota_addr_type=0 peer_ota_addr=00:61:3d:8c:22:2a
 peer_id_addr_type=0 peer_id_addr=00:84:b8:b8:fa:41
 conn_itvl=6 conn_latency=0 supervision_timeout=500 encrypted=0 authenticated=0 bonded=0

showing bluetooth screen
encryption change event; status=1035 handle=0 our_ota_addr_type=0 our_ota_addr=00:8c:aa:b5:82:ed
 conn_itvl=6 conn_latency=0 supervision_timeout=500 encrypted=0 authenticated=0 bonded=0

showing standard frames
disconnect; reason=531 handle=0 our_ota_addr_type=0 our_ota_addr=00:8c:aa:b5:82:ed