Couple of quick questions

Your initial installation has to happen over USB from your Mac, Windows or Linux PC. Once our software is installed, all future software updates happen over bluetooth from your phone.

Is this true now, or yet to be implemented?

Also, I’ve noticed that the second device to join a custom channel doesn’t seem to inherit the signal strength setting. For instance, John sets the channel name to “Narnia” and the signal to “Long but Slow,” and shares that channel with Bob. Bob’s phone shows “Narnia” but the signal option remains at its default. Is Bob’s device actually not using “Long but Slow” bandwidth, or is this just a UI redraw issue?

I can validate, I don’t think it read the config from devices to display it in dropdown

I would like to read the name on the device to display it instead of renaming it everytime…

Once our software is installed, all future software updates happen over bluetooth from your phone.

It was turned off for a while in the device code, but turned back on in 0.7.9. So that load (or anything later) can be updated by bluetooth. For instance, the current android alpha release includes the firmware for 0.7.10 and on the settings screen if your device is out of date it has a button to “update firmware”. The firmware update takes about 6 minutes but it has a progress bar. If the update were to fail, it is harmless - the device will keep running the old firmware (i.e. can’t be bricked).

Also, I’ve noticed that the second device to join a custom channel doesn’t seem to inherit the signal strength setting. For instance, John sets the channel name to “Narnia” and the signal to “Long but Slow,” and shares that channel with Bob. Bob’s phone shows “Narnia” but the signal option remains at its default. Is Bob’s device actually not using “Long but Slow” bandwidth, or is this just a UI redraw issue?

I suspect that is some bug in the android app side. Because if the settings didn’t match the two nodes wouldn’t be able to talk at all.

I thought of that just before falling asleep last night. derp. :slight_smile:

1 Like