Configuring Channel Via Python API

A further erase and reflash got the second tbeam working as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was able to resolve this by flashing boards with device-install.sh. Thanks

1 Like

Hello to all,

IĀ“m new in meshtestic and just got the 3x tbeam a few days ago. After getting started and several things run good I canĀ“t get the webUI running. As described above it is not possible to upload the three files and IĀ“m quite sure that is due to the limited space.
My tbeams also had the SoftRF previous installed.

I donĀ“t know how to erase the hole storage on the ESP32.

I use Win10 and the flashing via ā€œdevice-install.shā€ doesnĀ“t work.
I get the follwing result:

C:\Users\admin\Desktop\firmware-1.1.42>device-install.sh -f firmware-tbeam-EU865_1.1.42.bin
File ā€œC:\Users\joche\Desktop\firmware-1.1.42\device-install.shā€, line 6
show_help() {
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

It would be highly apprechiated, if you could help my.

Thanks a lot

I suggest you follow these instructions first, then try again uploading the three webUI files.

Thanks for your fast reply. I already tried this and up to step ā€œ6.ā€ step everything worked fine.
But the actually flash process doesnĀ“t work and I get the failure messeage I posted in the above question.
What did I do wrong?

Fast, yes, useful, non so much :grin:

Iā€™ve misread your post. The problem is youā€™re trying to use a bash script on Windows.

Perhaps the easiest way around this is to open device-install.sh in a text editor and look for the esptool.py commands, then run those in the same sequence.

1 Like

So that means the script is only possible on linux or mac os?

Itā€™s possible on all systems with a compatible shell or interpreter. Iā€™ve never tried it, but apparently on Windows you could use an interpreter called ā€œgit bashā€.

Thanks again for our support!
It just work by flashing manually step by step:

esptool.py --baud 921600 erase_flash
esptool.py --baud 921600 write_flash 0x1000 system-info.bin
esptool.py --baud 921600 write_flash 0x00390000 spiffs-*.bin
esptool.py --baud 921600 write_flash 0x10000 firmware-tbeam-EU865-1.1.42.bin

Even the three files for the webUI are available now.

THANKS!! YOU MADE MY DAY!!

But, IĀ“ve already the next issue:
I can connect to the hotspot and open the ā€œ192.168.42.1/static/index.htmlā€, but after that I get a button ā€œConnect to Meshtastic deviceā€ in the browser.
After clicking it says ā€œdevice as been configuredā€. Nothing else.

How can I get to the WebUI to configure the parameters and read/send messages?

Best regards

1 Like

You need to erase all three files on static page and upload updated ones. I believe there are updated ones on meshtastic-web github page.

Here we go!!! It works. After flashing with command line, there were three files in /static/, BUT these files are not the one with can be found on meshtastic-web github page.

I uploaded the three files from meshtastic-web github AND I deleted the original .html, which was available after flashing.

Everything is fine now!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1000 Thanks for your extreme fast and good support.

By the way, where are you guys from? IĀ“m located in germany stuttgart.

1 Like

North-West Italy. Which band are your devices on?

Glad it helped you. I went through this few weeks ago. And while meshtastic-web is not yet ready for prime time, I found it functional and very useful as I donā€™t have ready access to android phone.

Iā€™m in Alberta, Canada.

I use the 868MHz band.