Changing gpio write to get a second element for seconds so I can turn a relay on for n seconds straight

Hi guys, I’m using a meshtastic network to control animal feeders in a farm. The thing is that the number of seconds the devices are on have to bem consistent and given the latency from the network I can’t send a gpio command to turn on and then another to turn off. So I was wondering how I could modify the

RemoteHardwarePlugin::handleReceivedProtobuf

to accept another argument (number of seconds) and use it to make the device sleep this number of seconds and then turn the gpio pin off again

ps. I’m using the python interface with a raspoberrypi to control the other nodes in the network thought a crontab

ps. in order to change only the device code I’m willing to use the gpio port argument as the number of seconds, since I’m allways wrighting to the same gpio pin. So I think only changing the device code I can achive what I want

Saw right now that this may be not possible, since looks like the python sends a mask array and not an integrer to the device